The Health District sponsors a variety of health education and health promotion programs and can be a resource to the community for inquiries about health related matters. Many health education offerings are made possible because of grant funding. Classes and health promotion activities are conducted by the health department directly or in conjunction with its community partners.
Among the programs offered are :
- Hand washing and healthy habits
- Nutrition for toddlers
- Label reading and portion control
- Lyme disease and West Nile Virus Protection
- Head Lice Control Prevention and Eradication
- Diabetes education "Live Well with Diabetes"
- Fall and Injury prevention
- Wells and Septic Systems: a guide
- Chronic Disease Self-Management
- The Biggest Winner
If you would like to attend a class or set up a class for your group call our Health Educator, Barbara Naclerio, M.P.H., CHES @ (203) 481-4233 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can now "Ask a Health Educator!"
Fill out this form: Click here
The health educators of the East Shore District Health Department are here to help. We want to ensure you receive credible health information, answer your questions and connect you to local resources!